This little check list has been flying through the internet lately, and I just wanted to participate. I checked off 57 out of 99! I feel like that is pretty good for a newly 23 year-old.
1. Started your own blog
What do y’all think you’re reading? Really now.
2. Slept under the stars
I love the stars. Love, love, love.
3. Played in a band
I was in a choir my senior year of high school. That is practically the same thing. I sang to lots of people, even in different countries. You’re garage band does not compare.
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
Thank you Laurel Ridge. I loved camp.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneylandworld
Hello Garlow family vacation every year of my life. I could go the rest of my life without Mickey Mouse. I am sorry, but I am a roller-coaster person, and walking around in beyond hot temperatures with a park full of screaming, heat exhausted kids just is not my idea of good time.
8. Climbed a mountain
I have climbed many mountains! And for all of your out West folks that consider NC mountain hills… I have climbed a mountain in Colorado, at night, quite illegally, and ended up sprinting back down in fear of mountain lions. Then the police came and I had to lay down on the ground, because we had 6 people in a 5 person car. Thank you, Beth.
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped – on my bucket list! I might not like driving over bridges, but I will jump off one.
12. Visited Paris
Sitting in their airport for a 6 hour plane delay counts. I could see the E.Tower from the window.
13. Watched a lightning storm
I love storms.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
Crafting counts. So does sarcasm.
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
My mom did, but I am so taking credit for this because it was such a disaster. Hahahahaha We dug this garden and everything… and then nothing grew. Omg, maybe two tomatoes, but nobody in my family likes tomatoes but my mom. Disaster.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train- I would love to do this, and then pretend I am Katniss going to the Hunger Games.
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
I don’t do strangers. There is no way.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
Does college count? I think yes.
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon- I have done a triathlon.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
I have only watched one sunrise and it was while we were at the beach for my friend Amanda’s bachelorette party. It was totally worth getting up for.
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
Catamaran cruise in Costa Rica!
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
West Virginia! Haha but really, my ancestors founded WV. Let’s move on.
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – Can this even happen?
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
Homeless man at Wendy’s. Boom.
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class
Thank you Sargent Largent. Freshman PE.
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
I rocked that uniform, and sold next to nothing. My dad always bought a lot of boxes for his clients. Thanks Dad for making me not feel like a total failure.
62. Gone whale watching
This story is another post worthy. It was horrible. I was so sick. BUT WE WILL STAY OUT HERE UNTIL YOU SEE A DANG WHALE.
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving – bucket list!
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
As my dad is laughing.
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
Do you know where I live?
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London Washington DC
77. Broken a bone
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
Second grade baby.
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper –
Hello article printed about the horrible budget reforms in NC and how they affect education. Also, State Championship runner-ups for soccer.
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
I met Laura Bush last week. You bet your bottom dollar that is the truth.
92. Joined a book club
93. Got a tattoo
Working on my second one!
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
It really is not that cool.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
Some of these are like, really? That is a question? But it probably to make some people feel better about their lives. Whatevs. I checked off a lot, and I feel pretty good about it. Now, let me get back to Paris where I am not stuck in an airport that smells like pee.