I finally finished my Rast Hack and dresser overhaul. I painted the last coat of poly on the set at 1am the night before I was supposed to move. Nothing like cutting it close.
Thankfully my friend Lindsey was willing to help me earlier that day or it would have never gotten finished.
These bad boys took multiple weekends worth of work, and some re-work thanks to my little brother stacking them and causing layers of primer to rip off when I tried to unstack them. That resulted in more sanding, more priming, and set me back probably two weekends. Solid.
I started with a box full of untreated wood and a giant, old man smelling dresser from the Salvation Army Re-Store. I ended up with a sunburn and primed dressers after about two weekends.
It took me about three weeks to figure out what color I was going to paint these drawers. Color decisions don’t bring out the best in me.
I ended up with Turquoise. (The last color on the second to the left paint chip.)
I had several people suggest to leave the drawers white, and that didn’t look bad, but I had my mind set on ombre. Hand mixing the paint was a long process, but I am so happy with the way it turned out.
The 1am disaster zone. Pretty sure blasting Miley Cyrus was the only thing that got me through.
Ta-da! And yes, I did forget to paint the legs… that will just have to be another adventure. But the ombre look came out perfectly and I am happy to pat my own back on my paint mixing skills.
This was six weekends of work well spend. I am thrilled with the way they turned out and everybody who comes into my little nook just loves them! They tie in great with my new bed spread and over all “feel” of the apartment. Can’t wait to show you the rest of the nook when it all gets put together!